Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Ground Hog Day

Well, here we are on my second blog post and it's already 2 days in to February which means it's Ground Hog Day! Guess we are going to have 6 more weeks of Winter weather according to both the Pennsylvania groundhog and the Kansas City Zoo's Spike the hedgehog which is ok with me---warmer weather is nice but that means those long, hot summer days won't be far behind. I guess you could say I'm a fall/winter kind of gal, especially as I get older. Can't tolerate the long, hot days as well as I used to.

Another sign of my advancing age---I can't see to cross stitch without reading glasses and an extremely bright light. Earlier this week I started to cross stitch again after being inspired by reading some of the awesome cross stitching blogs. I haven't picked up a needle and floss in about 10 years. I started working on a Prairie Schooler 2007 Santa pattern on 18 count Putty Khaki Davos and am having the hardest time seeing exactly where I am supposed to stitch and also reading the pattern is quite difficult. This wasn't nearly so challenging when I used to cross stitch. Guess it's time to bump up the power on my readers and invest in one of the Ott lights. Let me know if you have an opinion on the Ott or another bright crafty lite. Below is my progress on the Santa---sorry for the poor picture quality but this blog is one of my many works in progress....



I signed up for the Worldwide Pin Cushion Swap over on Freckled Nest blogspot . I'm so excited!!! I haven't sewn an actual crafty project in so long and I'm very anxious to get started. There is also an awesome tutorial on how to make a cool little pin cushion on the blog as well. I also signed up for the 2010 Christmas Ornament Challenge and can't wait to get my first one done. I was accepted on 01/30/2010 so I am behind from the get go but hope to complete 3 by the end of February, old eyes and all.

I was looking through my knitting works in progress (WIP) and have sworn off starting any other knitting projects until these are completed. I have also vowed to step out of my square/rectangle "box" and complete a more challenging project in 2010---perhaps a sweater? Here is a scarf/wrap that I started back in May of last year when my Mom had surgery. It's a simple stockinette stitch on size 19 needles (freebies from Stitch'n'Pitch 2 years ago)and I'm not sure what type of yarn it is as it was given to me.



Here is the Be My Dishcloth that I am knitting using Sugar and Cream. It is from Kris Knits blog (01/29/08 entry). She has several free patterns as well as many others that you can purchase and download---her patterns are awesome as is her blog.



Guess it's time to get started on supper. I'm making creamy spaghetti---adding some cream cheese to marinara sauce. Also using some ground turkey that has all natural Italian seasoning added in. I'll let you know how it turns out. Happy Krafting!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment