Saturday, February 27, 2010

Good-Bye February

Can't believe that February is pretty much over. Seems like the new year just started a couple of days ago. Also can't believe it's been over 2 weeks since I've posted on my blog and I've even had a couple of comments show up---keep'em coming as I love love love to read them! And I finally can't believe the Winter Olympics are nearly over. I will be sad to see the closing ceremonies....it has been very entertaining. My sister alerted me to some great hat patterns over here on My Waffle House's blog---some people are sooo talented!!!

I finally got my pincushion finished and in the mail this morning for my first pincushion swap. I'll post pics after I'm sure Onjoli has received it. It was good to get my sewing machine out and finally use it to create something rather than just repair something that needed a few stitches. I have also finished stitching a couple of cross-stitch ornaments for my 2010 Ornament A Month Blog but haven't finished them---will post pics after they are finished. I'm nearly back on schedule for finishing an ornament a month!

On Valentine's Day I found an awesome light at Big Lots that looks very similar to an Ott light and it was on sale for $19.99! Unbelievable and it works great! I purchased the last one and have been checking every few days to see if they have received anymore as I bought the floor lamp and would also like to have the desktop one to take with me when I go to visit my parents. I highly recommend that you check your Big Lots to see if they have any if you are in the market for one of these lights. Here are a couple of pics of the lamp.



We had a very quiet, low key Valentine's Day as it turned out to be a rather snowy day. There was a 40+ car pileup just west of KC on the interstate that afternoon due to poor visibility. Luckily no one was hurt seriously. The night before we went to a birthday party at Howl At The Moon and had a great time. Here is a pic of what my sweetie gave me for Valentine's Day (after we had already discussed we weren't getting each other anything except for a card). He is such an awesome hubby! I did give him a subscription to Sports Illustrated (thought it was a great idea as I would be able to read it too!). I've already used the Ebay gift card on some cross-stitch patterns. I had never thought about giving/getting an Ebay gift card but think it's a great idea!


Well, I better get off here and get packed. We are heading to our little home town for a pub crawl tonight----pretty funny as you really probably could crawl from one "pub" to the next since there are a total of 4 bars in the town and one of those is the Elks Club! Have a great weekend!!!

Tracy

2 comments:

  1. Great gifts for both on Valentine's day and hope you have had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, i can't find your e-mail address, would like to ask something...can you send me a note? mboekel@yahoo.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete